Sunday, 4 August 2013

New Memories, Old Home

After my dad passing last October, my mom has been living alone.  She decided she didn't much care for it, so when mine and my husbands' lease came up, she asked us to move in with her.  After some thought, Hubs and I realized it would be a good idea for all of us, so last weekend we moved back into my parents' home, now taking up residency in the master suite.  It will be a transition for us, we haven't lived with my parents since we were teenagers in high school, but over all, things have worked out quite smoothly and I am finding it easier and easier to feel excited (rather than anxious) about all the change.

It's a strange feeling coming back to live in this house as a married adult.  I feel like I am back home, but am fulfilling a new role in it.  The first is that when I lived here as a teenage, it was a very unhealthy and sedentary life.  I ate mostly microwave food, fast food, junk food, and pizza...rinse, repeat.  I ate shit and did not exercise...ever.  Leading me up to the 320lbs I weighed when I began my weight loss journey 3 years ago.  NOW, living here, I have taken over the kitchen.  My mom has never really liked cooking and eats simple to buy and prepare foods (think rotisserie chicken, canned green beans, etc.). Nothing wrong with that, but she certainly is not one to spend all day cooking, baking, or simmering a masterpiece, like I am!  

Every day this week I've made dinner for us and have enjoyed not only using the kitchen ( which is MUCH larger than our old one was) but also just having someone around to enjoy the healthy meals I make.  I can't wait to spend more time in the beautiful kitchen with my redefined family, making new memories in my old home.

Great things- love seeing all our lunch boxes lined up every evening on top of the fridge.  I am proud that we are a family who packs our lunches every single day, weather it be to stay in control of our diets, or to keep to a budget.  It's a win/win on all fronts.

And since ya'll like to see recent pictures of what my healthy life style is accomplishing- here's a selfie I snapped today just for you!  Weighing in around 165 today and most proud of the definition I'm working on in my arms.  Please keep in mind that the angle of this picture is a bit skewed, up in the air and all (making me look thinner than I probably am) But it's hard to take a full body shot of yourself. LOL. And you can't fake the healthy skin the fact that I've lost 160 lbs from my picture on the right! ;-)







6 comments:

  1. i want that shirt in your selfie! awesome progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing progress and its lovely that you have moved in with your Mum, its a win-win situation for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, big changes. You sure have a great attitude about it. Sounds like a good situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful home. You are so lucky to get along with family. And a kitchen as beautiful as that needs to be commanded lol. Much luck with your cooking and canning.

    I get along with my daughter, but not my mother. I was fearful for a moment, based on my mother that no mother and daughter should live together. I was so wrong. Pooling resources with family makes sure that "the man" does not get more than need be. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is clean and cute, you look awesome,you seem to have it all together, and I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!

    I have a quick question for you, could you email me when you have a chance? Thanks! –Heather

    heather(dot)vonstjames@gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are like elbows, we all have them! I'd love to see yours! :-)